Wednesday 17 October 2007

I won't be loading any craft Today.


Two years ago in July I lost my beloved Dad to Multiple Myeloma, just 13 weeks after being diagnosed. Today would have been Dads 69th Birthday, and today Mum and some of my siblings will be burying his ashes in County Limerick in Ireland.


My Dad was a lovely man who had a heart of gold and a wicked sense of humour, and was always in trouble with Mum! He was a really diy fanatic, a fantastic calligrapher, and I still have a rocking horse that he made made out of wood when I was about 5 which I treasure. I like to think that I have at least some of his many qualities and I didn't just get his height (or lack of it!) and his girth (the width issue!) I was always devastated as a little girl because everyone used to say I was just like my Dad....as a girl I thought that this was an insult and that I should look like my Mum (we are silly aren't we!) but now I am proud of being like him! how times change.


2 comments:

Hazel said...

Sending you hugs, Cherish the memories you have - they are very special. It's really tough losing a dad (mine died with dementia nearly four years ago and was well in his 80s but I still miss him). xxx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Arrr thinking about you ,hold your merrories tight and keep them safe they are real treasure ,Dawnx