Wednesday 27 February 2008

Fab Friends

I got word this morning that the final person received their card so I can now publish it here on my blog! If you are looking for my Circles and Things with Wings challenge entry they are just below this post!


This card is for some fab ladies that I spend far too much time chatting to, we are like a right mothers meeting when we get going! When I saw this stamp at Ibrakeforstamps it made me chuckle and think of us so in it popped into my virtual shopping basket. When I got the stamp into my little hands I thought of the Red Hat Society papers that I had from K&Company….you can find out more about the Red Hat Society in America Here and the one in the UK here I have had these papers for quite a while and were in the too nice to cut pile but I am trying desperately to get over myself and use the beautiful goodies that I have…..you will notice thought I haven’t yet been brave enough to cut into the lovely embossed vellum that I have for this set **blush**…..but I have made a start!

The base card is bright Orange, then mounted some mat purple cardstock, then a section of the K&Company paper. I stamped the image using Jet Black Stazon, coloured it in using my Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirit and blender stump to blend. I then outlined the whole image with a 10%warm grey Prismamarker, in order to stop the white card from jumping off the card I inked the edges with some Brilliance ink in Pearlecent Crimson. As a final flourish of over the top clashing I added a red satin ribbon.

4 comments:

Wacky Jacky said...

Absolutely love this card - its great!! Off to take a look at the site. xx

Jo said...

Perfect! Love the image :o)

Andrea said...

What a brilliant card,love the image
xxxx

made by fifi said...

fab card - another fab stamp lol