Saturday 2 February 2008

Serenity

I wanted to actually do some crafting today rather then sorting and tidying so I went to splitcoasters where todays challenge is Inspiration.......you can see the image to be inspired by here - the idea is that the image/colour/layout, well actually any thoughts that are provoked by the image are put in a card/LO.

So I had the colours and the mood but not the actually layout I wanted I just couldn't get my head in gear to come up with anything until I saw the weekend challege by Beate that you can see on her Fresh & Fun Blog.

So now I had the colours I wanted to use, the mood I wanted to create and the layout, I then set about to find the right stamps, ink, cardstock, ribbon/fibre, and emblesshments.

What I used:-

Stamps by Judikins - Carols Cube, HOTP
Inks- Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Bisque and Robin's Egg, Brilliance dewdrop in Pearlescent Beige and Coffee Bean.
Fibre - Perhaps by Basic Grey
Buttons - Making Memories
Cardstock - Willow, Deep Taupe by Creative Expressions
Basecard - Duck egg blue tall card by Kanban

The images were created by first stamping the square in Coffeebean. Thenthe square image was masked out and the leafy image was stamped with Robin's Egg, Bisque and Pearlescent Beige inks. Each of the squares then had its edges inked . The images were mounted onto Willow card stock (its a very pale green), the fibre was added and the 'Just Because' sentiment attached to the fibre which was created using Coffeebean ink and cut out with a circle nestability.

The Deep Taupe cardstock was then taped to the inside of the base card. Using a craft knife the front of the base card was cut in half, leaving a contrast of colour between the front of the card and inside of the card. The Willow cardstock is attached to the front of the card so that it overlapped the edge of the now shortened front of the card. As a final touch three matching minature buttons were added to the lefthand side of the card.


No comments: