Wednesday 28 May 2008

Bling bling bling bling BLING!

I absolutely love this fabulous glitter paper that I recently picked up, its from Crafttime and I found 6 packs and each have two different tonal colours…I am sure there are more but the one I am sharing with you today is actually the one that caught my eye and made me have a rummage around on the bottom of my LCS.



  • The final card size is A4 (14.8cm by 21 cm) folded in half. (This is my favourite card size for special cards! You know birthdays etc rather then Hi how you doing cards!)
  • The craft sheet was 14cm by 21.8 cm when I bought it so I just had to trim the length to get it to fit my base card; it was then mounted onto black card.
  • I cut out some black card (9.1cm by 17.1 cm) and mounted it onto some pale blue cardstock – leaving a small border around the edge showing.
  • The image is from Ibrakeforstamps.com and it’s on a sheet with several other risqué but fun ladies on bikes. The image was stamped onto some white smooth cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black. Where necessary I touched up the image with my black Prismacolor marker.
  • Once the image was dry I mounted it onto some black and then blue cardstock.
  • The sentiment is from Creative Expressions and was stamped again using Brilliance Graphite Black and again mounted onto some black and then blue cardstock.
  • Using copious amounts of foam pads (I believe they are called foam pop ups in US and Canada) I layered the card together, it is easily 1cm at its thickest.
  • And as there wasn’t enough bling with the glitter background J I added 3 gems from Kanban on the left hand side.

Recipe
Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black
Stamps - Ibrakeforstamps.com, Creative Expressions
Cardstock – Kanban, black and pale blue
Everything else – Kanban Bling gems, Crafttime Glitter sheets, Prismacolor Marker, Foam pads



No comments: