Friday 12 September 2008

Love to you.....

I work quite a bit away from home which means I spend a lot of time on my own in the evenings in hotels............there are different ways to spend the time, some weeks I take a pampering kit with me, so I have a facial with scrubbing, plucking, moisturizing, masks etc and then I have a moisturizing session for my body etc...so I come home all smooth and pruned other weeks I take along a few good books and some magazines, and then other weeks I take along some craft things ...the reason I don't take craft stuff every week is that it weighs a ton!

I am also still (yes I know still) cataloguing all my stamps, they are all pretty much unmounted, I have 50 or so that are still mounted and of those maybe 30 will remain mounted. But the other thousands and there are thousands are unmounted, and I am slowly working my way through them to catalogue them. I have them in plastic cd wallets, each wallet has a piece of card stock of the same size, on this card stock I stamp the images in that wallet, I write a unique identifier e.g. Female 012 and the name of the manufacturer and the name of the stamp. I then have a book (the pages can be taken out and put into a folder once I am done) which I have divided into different categories such as Female, Male, Funny, Backgrounds & Scenery, Oriental, Children, etc and I stamp the image again on a page within that category,and mark it with the the same unique identifier and details as are on the wallet. The idea being that I can flip through the book choose the stamp, go to my boxes, flick to the right category and pick out the right wallet, and also ensure that the stamp goes back into the right wallet.....but it all takes time lots and lots of time!

To add into that mix, those above are just my rubber stamps and single clear stamps.......all my clear stamp sets are stored in their sets and therefore I have another book that I am stamping all their images in....which again can be placed in a file..........you know it all sounds confusing but it works for me (hmm what does that say about me!)

Why I started this long spiel was that I stamped this image and coloured it whilst away with work! She is from Lily & Milo and I coloured her with watercolours blended with my new tombow blender.....ok how did I miss this guy! this blender works a treat and you get great results instantly!

The template is the same as before from the Verve Forum over on SCS.




............................................................................................................
Recipe:-
Stamps: Lily & Milo - Lily Springtime, Stampendous Love Messages
Ink: Archival Ink - Jet Black, memento sky blue
Cardstock: Watercolour carstock, kanban
Patterned Paper: Making Memories Fresh Anthology Eliza 'eyelet'

Accessories: Gingham ribbon, Blue stars Paper Cellar, Watercolour Pencils, Tombow blender, Prismamarker, Cuttlebug,Nestabilities, 3 d foam dots, white and blue signo pen

No comments: