Sunday 21 June 2009

Happy Father's Day

I miss you every day, the pain never goes away, but now the happy memories are stronger then the sad. I can't believe that 4 years ago today I had what was to be my last conversation with you, we didn't know it at the time. I have lived with a lot of 'if onlys' about that conversation but I know that you knew that I loved you and I know that you loved me and I guess that I have to hold on to that.


Don't remember me with sadness,
Don't remember me with tears,
Remember all the laughter,
We've had throughout the years.
Then when the summer sunshine
Awakes the flowers in bloom
I'll walk that light from Heaven
Around the corners of the room.
Do the things we did before
The same in every way
Just whisper a little prayer for me
At the dawn of every day.
Just think of me as present
Don't think of me as past
For my love is a blessing
In death it still can last.
Forget your troubles and your worries
They are mine forever more
I'll watch and care and love you
From Heaven's open door.
And when your road gets rough and rocky
Or you're down and need a crutch
Remember I'm right beside you
Just an inch to short to touch.

1 comment:

Treacle said...

Ah Jukie that is beautiful.

It will be 10 years this year since my dad passed and I know exactly how you feel on days like this.

Hugs to you

xXx