Tuesday 9 October 2007

Autumn Colours

Wednesday Stamper have a challenge this week to create something with Autumnal colours....my favourite! I was lucky enough to get some fabulous stamps from I brake for stamps yesterday ( I have been very naughty!) and my scarecrow was one of my little (read LOADS) of purchases that I made! Della at I brake for Stamps is amazing and we had great communication going on, and I would recommend this shop to anyone even those of us in the UK!


Anyway to create this card I used Anna Griffin card stock that I have had for years (oops) and when searching for cardstock to use these jumped out and said 'For god sake use me woman', and the image is stamped using black Stazon. Prismacolor pencils were used to colour the Scarecrow in, (I didn't realise until afterwards that he looks like is wearing an American flag under his overalls!) and to help blend the colours I used baby oil. The final touch was to add the greeting which I print off the PC and matted onto some American Crafts Elements orange grosgrain ribbon.

6 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card, he's a really cute scarecrow

Tricia T said...

What an adorable card. This is the second time in as many days that I've heard of using baby oil to blend prismas... I may have to go buy some baby oil and try it!!

Unknown said...

very nice

Alhambra Club said...

What a fantastic card, love that paper, and know what you mean about having paper forever, your coloring of the scarecrow is great. Have been checking out your blog, it is very nice, love all your cards and projects.

Dawn Wheeler said...

ooo very cute card ,love it,thanks for stoping by my blog Dawnx

Paula J Atkinson said...

For God's Sake, Use Me Woman.... that brought tears to my eyes laughing.... Full of cold so thats hard to do.

Great card. Love the scarecrow.