Friday 29 February 2008

TGI Friday....

What an odd day, I woke up this morning and I have done something to my middle fingers top knuckle...if I didnt know better I would have said I had dislocated it and its slipped back in again...it really hurts...but I have dislocated my thumb and fingers before...from playing volleyball at school (I can slip my thumb in and out of its socket without hurting it!) so I know that I haven't done that to my finger becuase I would remember doing it!...who knows, all I know is that it hurts....:) Its just one of those days where simple tasks seem to be taking forever...ahhhh....


anyway enough moaning....


I am a regular Blog stalker, and one lady I always make sure I check out on a regular base is 4hounds, you can find her blog here. All her cards are amazing but one kept coming back into my mind to check out again and again, and when I was trying to think about what to do for my mams birthday card I thought you know what I am going to CASE that card...you see the card I am talking about here. Now my card is no where near as polished as Pam's but I think I captured the general feel, my ribbon blossom is pathetic but it took me so long and sooooo much of my lovely precious ribbon it was going on that card whether it was any good or not!lol


The medalion stamp was stamped and then heat embossed six times and cut out in ever decreasing pieces and layered onto of each other with 3d foam pads. The rest of the card is simply layering, apart from the ribbon blossom, which 4hounds gives instructions on how to do on her blog.

Recipe:
Stamps: Creative Stamping HH1031F, Best Birthday Wishes Whisper, SpringSwirl Autumn Leaves
Paper/Card/Vellum: Craftwork Cards, Kanban, K&Company,Anna Griffen
Ribbon: various grosgrain, sheer
Inks: Brilliance Pearlecsent Ivy, Pearlescent Orchid,Versamark
Embossing powders:Golden Mit Lustre and Tropical Pearl by Cosmic Shimmer
Brad: HoTP


4 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the medallion and all the gorgeous ribbons

Anonymous said...

That is a real beauty. I love the ribbons and colour combo :-)

CraftyC said...

I love the colours on this one, great card!
Clairexx

Catherine said...

very pretty!