Monday 28 April 2008

Upbeat, positive and ready for life....

It's is so easy when it's dark, cold, dreary and depressing outside to bring that into your home and take on the mood of the weather....well today I decided that no matter what the weather was doing outside I was going to try an remain upbeat! So yes I have the obligatory piece of black clothing on but I have got a shocking pink top on to go with it!!!

The card I am sharing with you today is based on the current sketch challenge over on Splitcoastampers, it is a nice clean look, which is what I am tending to prefer at the moment. And like a good lil' girl I used some of my extensive range of papers that I have been stroking for years, and a stamp that I haven't used yet! I have also been looking at the current challenge over on Daring Card Makers, its called Most Distressing, I am pushing my luck by saying my paper is distressed...OK I admit I didn't distress it but it is very distressed looking!

The image was stamped with Graphite Black Brilliance ink and left to dry while I measured, cut and placed the patterned Paper Elements - Sweet Peppermint cardstock onto my white A5 card. I coloured the Geisha using my Copics and Prismacolor Metallic Gold pen, outlined her with cool grey, and then lightly brushed over the whole image and then focused on the edges with Pearl Ex Powder Pigment in Blue Russet. To help incorporated the gold that I had used on the Geisha into the whole card I placed gold dots using my Prismacolor Pen around the outside of the main mat area.

What do you think?


.....................................................................................................................
Recipe -
Stamp - Dimension Fourth
Paper - Paper Elements - Sweet Peppermint, standard white cardstock
Ink - Graphite Black Brilliance
Accessories - Copics, Prismacolor Maker, SCS sketch

Did you know that today is Workers Memorial Day - international day of remembrance and action for workers killed, disabled, injured or made unwell by their work.




6 comments:

jjcreations said...

Wonderful job on this challenge...Awesome image!!! Joan

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful card ! Great job !

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning. Fantastic card. Love it.

Kathy said...

Lovely card
the colours look wonderful

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, fab image and papers

Kristen said...

Oooooo I love it! Nice new/clean take on all that oriental that seems to have fallen out of favour at the moment!