Sunday, 4 May 2008

Sorry for the absence, I seem to be doing that a lot lately! But unfortunately work gets in the way sometimes, and leaving the house at 5.55am and not returning until after 8pm does not leave me a whole lot of time to do much including unfortunately making cards.

I received a card yesterday and I was overjoyed…why you ask? Well a. because it was an invitation to my youngest niece’s First Holy Communion, b. my sister had hand made all her invitations stating that she had been inspired by me (!) and c. someone has been illegally opening my mail but they had decided to forward this card on to me. (Royal Mail are currently investigating!)

I used this weekends sketch by Beate to help me make a Thank You card. I, like many of you (yes YOU) hoard my paper, I stroke it but I never cut it………..heaven forbid! But today I reached into one of my many many OK many piles of blocks of paper and pulled out Stella Ruby by Basic Grey, I loved it the minute I saw it when I bought it ages and ages ago, but I flicked through it decided it was to nice to use and put it away………but today I CUT it…..OK I cut two whole pieces out of a pack of 36, you wouldn’t even notice they were gone but I did it!

Since the main paper that I have used has such a vibrant busy pattern to it I struggled to find a stamp that fitted, but in the end I went for an Oriental rose, that although is not the same as the flowers in the Basic Grey Papers I think still works. I stamped the image onto the plainer Basic Grey Cardstock using my favourite brown ink – Brilliance Coffee Bean. Using some H20’s I lightly coloured the rose to give it some definition. The sentiment was again stamped directly onto the plainer Basic Grey cardstock using the coffee bean ink.


......................................................................................................................

Recipe
Stamps – Exchangeable Clear Stamper, Creative Expressions
Ink- Brilliance Coffee Bean
H20 – Moss Green, Ginger Flower
Paper – Stella Ruby Basic Grey
Cardstock – Bazzill Basics




No comments: