Tuesday 15 July 2008

Something of a departure....

from my normal 'style' (if I even have one!) today.....and I am not sure at all about it....

I used the brilliant as always Monday sketch from Poetic Artistry , I love this layout and I will have another play when I get time, as I really am not happy with the way this card came out and I don't know which element just doesn't do it for me!
There are 13 layers on this card!
  • I started off with smooth cream cardstock as the base (15cms by 10.5cms) onto which I mounted some warm brown cardstock and some dp.

  • Using my Cuttlebug I cut out a large scallop circle in the same brown cardstock that I had used on the base, with a slightly smaller scalloped circle I cut out some dp in a co-ordinating pattern, and then a smaller plain circle in the cream cardstock. I stamped part of the Constellation stamp using the Rust ink and left it to dry.

  • Using my Cuttlebug I cut out a small scalloped circle in the same brown cardstock that I had used on the base, with a slightly smaller scalloped circle I cut out some dp in a co-ordinating pattern, and then a smaller plain circle in the cream cardstock. I stamped the Thank You sentiment with the Coffee Bean ink and left it to dry.

  • I measured up some more co-ordinating dp and mounted onto the same warm brown cardstock.

  • I cut out a small strip of cream cardstock which I mounted on the same warm brown cardstock, and added two flat backed warm brownie (technical term!) pink pearls.

  • I then assembled the card to match the sketch.


........................................................................................................
Recipe
Stamps - Penny Black Constellation, HOTP
Ink - Pearlescent Rust and Coffee Bean by Brilliance
Pearls - Papermania
Bazzil Cardstock
DP - Basic Grey - Mellow
Cuttlebug, Nestabilities and 3d Zots





2 comments:

Bev said...

Oh this is beautiful! Love the papers

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card. Totally layer-rific! Thanks for playing! :)