Monday 14 July 2008

....there was something in the water ...

...back in September/October time last year because I have another baby boy card to send out...luckily it would appear that this 'outbreak' was confined to the South East of the UK and didn't spread northwards.

I used the sketch that Gina K provided on her site in the last few days which you can find Here. She is/was running a competition with this sketch if you used any of her wonderful stamps. I am lucky enough to own a set of Gina's stamps but I really liked the sketch and I neeeeeeeeded to get this card done, so I decided to forgo the competition and just use the sketch as the set I have is not appropriate for new baby boys!

I stamped the image onto some smooth white cardstock, coloured in using some of my copic markers (looking at it now I should have gone a bit lighter on the colours of the image). Using my Cuttlebug I cut the image out with a scalloped edged diecutter, while I still had the Cuttlebug out on my workspace, I cut out a slightly bigger oval in a cream cardstock which I embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I am not sure if you can see from the picture but I also embossed two rows of dots along the DCWV patterned paper just below the ovals, this was done using my new set of border embossing folders from Cuttlebug. The remainder of the card is created by following Gina's sketch, and I added 3 buttons on the folded back piece and a pram embellishment in the corner. I have to say I loved these DCWV designed card when I saw them and they are beautiful to use, such delicate colours for a baby boy....I also have the girls version

.................................................................................................................

Recipe
Stamp - Nellies' Choice - Kiddies baby
Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black
Copics
Card - Nana's Nursery - Baby Boy - Die Cuts with a View
Buttons- Making Memories
Embellishment - Papermania
Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots folder and Dots border folder
Nestabilities - Oval and Scalloped Oval


No comments: