Tuesday 26 August 2008

Who inspires you?

When I was younger I looked to popular culture or history to find inspiration and guidance, but over the last 3 or 4 years I realised that I was looking in all the wrong places, I didn't need famous people to inspire me, to be role models or to show me the right path. My mum, who was diagnosed with bowel cancer exactly 1 month after the death of my dad, who has battled cancer off and on for 3 years and yet always has a smile and warm hug, my partner Bob who is my cheerleader, friends like Lisa who lives her life to the full and shows such Independence its awe inspiring, Kristen who moved her family across to world to be closer to her mum, Debbie who has a young family and has set up her own business, Teresa who has a family, studies for Open University and now has gone out and got herself another job outside the home, Tracy who has a beautiful young family, who ran for my mum in the Race for Life, and last but no means least Celie, she is like wonder woman, I have no idea when she sleeps.
So yes I can admire the famous for all that they have achieved, and good luck to them, but I am humbled by the people that surround me.

So the question is who inspires you, you makes you think about your life and makes you reassess it to ensure that you are doing everything you can do make it the best life possible?

............................................................................................................


No comments: